If you like sailboats, powerboats, walking on the docks, and the nautical lifestyle, there is only one place to be September 15-18, 2022. The International Boat Show is coming to historic, downtown Newport for four days of boats, seminars, in-water training sessions, racing, and sponsored prizes. The show spans 13 acres making it one of the largest and most prestigious boat shows in the country.
Why Should I Attend the Show?
The Newport International Boat Shows has something for everyone from seasoned mariners to novice boaters to those simply curious about the lifestyle. The show is bursting with featured events, boats, discounts, and educational opportunities:
- The 12 Metre North American Championships are happening from September 16th through the 18th. On Sunday morning at 10 am, the boats participating in the race will parade through Newport Harbor before the final day of competition. This is a unique opportunity to see the boats from land.
- New this year is a YouTube influencer booth. Attendees can meet YouTube personalities from Acorn to Arabella, Andy Miller of Boatworks Today, Louis Sauzedde from Tips from a Shipwright, Captain Q Yacht Hunter, David Shih Sailing, Out Chasing Stars, Building MV Dauntless, Sailing Dark Angel and more!
- Voices of the Oceans will be providing complimentary admission on their vessel, Kat. Voices of the Oceans is part of a global initiative to clear the oceans of plastic pollution.
- It may be a boat show but this show features an airplane. Do not miss Viceroy which is an electric seaglider. Regent, which is based in Newport, built the 12-person vehicle that can travel 160 nautical miles on battery power.
- Maiden is on a three-year world tour with a mission to empower girls through education. The Newport International Boat Show is one of its stops as it traverses 90,000 miles, 60 destinations, and 40 countries.
- Nautical authors LeCain W. Smith and James E. Geil will be on hand in the Bohlin Tent signing copies of their books.
- Curious if you can afford a boat and what your financing options are? BankNewport and OceanMarine Point Lending are sponsoring “Tips for Financing Your Boat Purchase.” The seminar will be held at 11 am Thursday through Saturday.
- Want to learn from an expert? In-water training sessions are available each day of the show. Powerboat sessions last 90 minutes. Sailboat sessions last 120 minutes.
- In the market for a new-to-you boat? The Newport Brokerage Boat Show will be held at the Safe Harbor Newport Shipyard concurrently with the International Boat Show. The Brokerage Show is free to attend and accessible via water taxi from the Bannister’s Wharf fuel dock.
- Can’t get enough of looking at and learning about boats? The Sailing Museum offers a 25% discount during the Boat Show to anyone with a show wristband.
What Kinds of Boats Will Be There?
The show will feature both powerboats and sailboats. Boats will range in length from 15 feet to 90 feet. There really is something for every type of boater. The list of exhibitors is conveniently broken down by type of boat: dinghies/inflatables, multihull, powerboats, sailboats, and trawlers. The Exhibitor Listing also has information about vendors specializing in products and services.
Where is the Boat Show Held?
The Newport Yachting Center is pleased to host the International Boat Show.
Where Should I Park?
Shuttles will run from 8 am until 8 pm from Easton’s Beach. Parking at the beach can be purchased when admission tickets are purchased. This is a great option to remove any of the stress of finding parking downtown along with all of the other show attendees.
Will There Be Food at the Show?
Absolutely! Attendees will find a variety of food concessions within the boundaries of the show. The Bohlin Tent will have acoustic music and alcoholic beverages; it is the perfect place to sit and contemplate your next boat purchase.
Is the Show Taking Precautions for COVID-19?
Yes. Most of the event is held outdoors and organizers have chosen to keep the sides of tents open for better air circulation. Masks are recommended inside tents and seminar classrooms. Restrooms will be cleaned regularly and sanitizer dispensers will be located throughout the show. Some boat dealers may require appointments to board show boats; it is recommended that guests call in advance if there is a particular boat they really want to see.
Are Tickets Available in Advance?
Tickets are already available through the boat show website. Each ticket is good for one day at the show. Do not miss your chance to experience the boating lifestyle and make your next boat purchase.